This fall is all about big hat energy. Wide-brim hats are offering extra cool points to any outfit this season, which of course begs the question: But how do I wear my hair? Well, you’ve got options. Whether you prefer to wear your strands down, up, or somewhere in between, here are three easy-to-achieve hat hairstyles to take you through the season–and beyond! “Hat hair?” Yes, please.
- Pull hair at the crown into a chunky half-up ponytail.
- Wrap a section of the hair from the ponytail around the elastic and pin into place.
2. Low Bun
- Pull hair into a low ponytail (remove face-framing pieces).
- Only pull through halfway on the last pull.
- Wrap the remaining hair around the elastic and pin into place.
- Some pieces will fall–pick and choose which ones you leave out and which ones you pull across, and secure for that messy look.
3. All Down Braid
- Grab a section of hair a couple of inches back from the hairline.
- Create a three-strand braid and secure with a clear elastic.
- Pull-on the braid for fullness or leave for a tighter look.